UMN Morris Makes US News Top-10 List 21 Years in a Row
- This is UMN Morris's 21st consecutive appearance on the top public colleges list.
- The campus also was noted for advancing graduates' social mobility.
- This ranking follows UMN Morris's inclusion on other national rankings lists.
U.S. News & World Report has again named the University of Minnesota Morris one of the nation's Top Public Liberal Arts Colleges. This is the 21st consecutive year in which UMN Morris has been included in the annual college ranking.
"As one of the country's top public liberal arts colleges, UMN Morris provides talented students from all backgrounds access to life-changing experiences," says Chancellor Michelle Behr. "This is a very special institution, and we are proud to see our work affirmed by this national ranking once again."
Methodology and More
U.S. News ranks schools according to their performance across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence. Additional information and a full listing of the rankings is available online at usnews.com/best-colleges.
This fall UMN Morris also earned spots in the:
- Wall Street Journal / Times Higher Education College Ranking 2020: the campus earned its highest marks in the Engagement and Environment categories.
- 2019 AASHE Sustainable Campus Index: UMN Morris was named a Top Performer in the Impact Area: Water and among Baccalaureate Institutions.
- SIERRA Cool Schools 2019: the campus was ranked 1st in the state and 40th in the nation
- Washington Monthly 2019 Liberal Arts Colleges: UMN Morris ranked #58 among liberal arts colleges, with marks for loan repayment rate, social mobility rank, research rank, and service rank.
- MONEY's 2019–20 Best Colleges: the campus earned the #467 spot on the list of schools that successfully combine quality and affordability.
To learn more about the campus’s national rankings, visit morris.umn.edu/about/national-rankings