15 Faculty and Staff Members Honored at Recognition Dinner
Fifteen University of Minnesota, Morris faculty and staff members were honored at the annual Recognition Dinner on Tuesday, April 25. The event provided the campus community a chance to congratulate faculty and staff award recipients and to thank retirees for their service to the campus.
Faculty and Staff Award Recipients:
- Pieranna Garavaso, professor of philosophy, UMM Faculty Distinguished Research Award
- Becca Gercken, associate professor of English and American Indian studies, Horace T. Morse-Minnesota Alumni Association Award for Outstanding Contributions to Undergraduate Education
- Rebecca Dean, associate professor of anthropology, UMM Alumni Association Teaching Award
- Mohamed Farah '13, student personnel coordinator, Office of Equity, Diversity and Intercultural Programs, Bill and Ida Stewart Award for Ethnic Diversity, Staff Recipient
- Lynn Johnson, custodian, Facilities Management, Mary Martelle Memorial Awards Staff Award
- Sandy Kopel, executive office and administrative specialist, Campus Police, Outstanding Support Staff Awards, AFSCME Recipient
- Rita Bolluyt, grants/contracts professional 2, Grants Development, Outstanding Support Staff Awards, Civil Service Recipient
- Phil Hengemuhle, building and grounds worker, Residential Life, Outstanding Support Staff Awards, Teamster Recipient
- Kevin Flicker '74, teaching specialist in studio art, Morris Academic Staff Award
Seven retirees were honored and welcomed into the University of Minnesota, Morris Retirees Association: Flicker; Rose Murphy, associate administrator; Carla Riley '85, senior director of external relations; Ron Rosen, senior electronic technician; Elizabeth Spohr, theatre costumer/publicist; Robert Thompson, facilities management project manager; and Mick Rose, general maintenance, fleet operations, and recycling supervisor.
Photos from the event are available at flickr.com/ummorris.