Five UMN Morris Students Are Fulbright Semi Finalists
Five University of Minnesota Morris students submitted Fulbright applications this year. And all have been named semifinalists:
- Sarah Severson '20, New Brighton, chemistry/English (Study/Research, Spain)
- Mara Christensen '20, Two Harbors, elementary education (English Teaching Assistant, Korea)
- Trina Vue '20, Mendota Heights, English (English Teaching Assistant, Thailand)
- Anika Paulson '20, psychology (English Teaching Assistant, Germany)
- Mia King '19, Chicago, Illinois, biology/psychology/Spanish, (Public Health English Teaching Assistant, Spain)
Final awards will be announced later this spring.
"As one of the country's top public liberal arts colleges, UMN Morris provides talented students access to life-changing educational opportunities," said Chancellor Michelle Behr. "Our exceptional students are prepared to live as engaged global citizens."
The Fulbright U.S. Student Program is the largest United States exchange program offering opportunities for students and young professionals to undertake international graduate study, advanced research, university teaching, and primary and secondary school teaching worldwide. Learn more at us.fulbrightonline.org.
Fulbright at UMN Morris
The Fulbright competition is administered on campus through the Academic Center for Enrichment. To learn more, visit ace.morris.umn.edu