Communications and Marketing
The Office of Communications and Marketing illuminates the impact of our students, employees, alumni, and friends on our region, our nation, and our world. We do this by sharing the UMN Morris story, supporting strategic initiatives, and stewarding our brand in service to the mission of our University.
Who we are
We are marketers, videographers, designers, and writers. We are creative problem solvers, storytellers, and brand ambassadors. We are Communications and Marketing.
What we do
We elevate UMN Morris by telling stories of the difference made by our campus community using print and digital media like video, social platforms, and more.
We also steward the campus brand, enabling our stakeholders to tell the UMN Morris story as effectively as possible.
How we do it
We work with campus partners to determine how, when, and where to share information and stories for the greatest impact.
Our service offerings include:
- Brand stewardship
- Campus marketing & external communications
- Creative services
- Social media
- Website services
- Internal communications
- Media relations
- Campus experts
- Emergency communications
- News service
- Media services
- Media technology subject matter experts
The Communications and Marketing team's services are focused on projects for the common good.
These areas generally include:
- Strategic marketing and communications recommendations
- Digital and social media strategy and planning
- Creative services for projects that promote institutional priorities and broader UMN initiatives
We pursue these projects rather than those that accomplish a unit-specific objective.
- Recruitment communications
- Advancement communications
- Legislative communications
- Safety communications
- Brand identity systems (achieving brand alignment)
- Overall brand guidance
- Marketing and communications best practices
Marketing staff work hand-in-hand with PR staff to ensure the approach to projects is well integrated.